March 17 Update:
THE SWIMMING HOLE WILL SUSPEND OPERATIONS FROM WEDNESDAY MARCH 18 AND REOPEN WEDNESDAY APRIL 15, THIS COULD BE EXTENDED.
TSH is taking proactive steps to protect the health and safety of our staff, members and guests. While the immediate risk of this new virus is believed to be low at this time in Vermont and The Swimming Hole has no confirmed cases of COVID-19 we are taking these extra precautionary steps to respond to this public health emergency:
- We are suspending all group classes including group fitness classes, masters practices, group swim lessons, swim club and group bookings effective 3/14/20
- We are updating facility hours 3/16/20 to allow for additional disinfection of equipment and high touch areas
- We are posting respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene reminders throughout the facility
- We are posting wipe down equipment before and after use reminders throughout the facility
- We are utilizing products pre-approved by EPA ( Environmental Protection Agency) for use against emerging viral pathogens which can be used during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- We are asking staff members and guests who are sick, or have been in contact with someone who is sick, or have recently travelled to CDC travel restricted countries to stay at home.
There are things that you can do, as well, to help protect yourself and others:
- Stay home when you’re sick
- Wash hands often with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a sleeve or a tissue, not your hands
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Disinfect the equipment before and after use
As this situation evolves, we are prepared to comply with the directions from the state and local health agencies and make any adjustments, if needed.
Here is the link to the Vermont department of health concerning the virus: