Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education from Otago University, New Zealand
Aquatic Adventurist and Marathon Swimmer, Charlotte Brynn has been involved in fitness and aquatics for the last 30 years.
After receiving a Bachelor’s degree from the renowned Otago University in New Zealand, Brynn increased her depth of knowledge by achieving further fitness and aquatic certifications, along with attending international clinics & conferences specializing in current fitness and swimming techniques and practices.
Charlotte was nominated as World Female Open Water Swimmer of the Year in 2013 and named one of the World’s top 50 Aquatic Adventurists in 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2019 by the World Open Water Association.
In 2018 Charlotte was named one of the top women open water coaches and mentors in the world and was inducted into the Vermont Open Water Swimming Hall of Fame in 2016. In 2019 Brynn was named runner up Global Swim Series Champion. Charlotte has also achieved international recognition by completing some of the world’s most challenging marathon swims including the 28-mile Manhattan Island Marathon Swim, the 20-mile Catalina Channel, the 32-mile Lake George Marathon Swim and the 22-mile Atlantic City Around the Island Marathon Swim. She is a two time overall female winner of the 25km Border Buster swim, and winner of the 2019 Atlantic City Around the Island Marathon Swim.
Charlotte is a 4-time USMS Long Distance All American & New England Masters age group 1500 meters record holder. Charlotte is one of the few people in the world and the first New Zealander to swim an International Ice Swimming Association Ice Mile of 1 mile in water at or below 41F/5C.
Charlotte excels in goal setting, motivation and developing effective programs, whether for event specific training or to start an exercise program that you can achieve and enjoy. She specializes in programs to improve overall health, improve posture, stabilize shoulders and improve balance. She will lead you to success in the water and on land.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Physical Education, Otago University, New Zealand
- AFAA Certified Personal Trainer
- AFAA Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- American Swim Coaches Association Level 2 Swim Coach
- USMS Level 4 Masters Swim CoachAmerican Red Cross certified WSI Swim Instructor
- New Zealand Swim Coaches Association Certified Swim Instructor
- National Adult Learn to Swim Certified Instructor
- Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, Swim Instructor since 1988 in New Zealand and USA
- Head Coach USA Age group team Stowe Swimmers 2002-2009
- Coach of Stowe Masters Swimmers 2002- present
- United States Masters Swimming Open Water Online coach 2016-2017